"Embracing Challenge, Celebrating Success"
1 Corinthians 12 'Concerning spiritual gifts'
The Ridgeway Learning Partnership is at the heart of the community delivering an inclusive education to learners of all ages. Our mission is to embrace challenge and to celebrate success in all that we do by striving for every learner to reach their full potential.
Our schools retain their distinctiveness but learn and grow together and remain collectively responsible for providing all learners with exciting and inspiring opportunities.
The RLP will develop excellence in education from ages 3-19 in schools located closely together. To be considered an education provider of choice, an employer of choice, and community partner of choice. Each school within the Trust to be:
- recognised as a centre of excellence and nurture for its students
- independent, inspirationally led and self-improving, while sharing the values of the Trust
- an integral part of its local community and valued as such
- give and receive support between other schools within the Trust
- successfully engaging with parents/carers to support student progress, well-being and achievement
- offering opportunities for students beyond their own school, through collaboration
- to develop the Trust’s core values, to promote respect and the skills for lifelong learning
- students will feel secure when moving from their primary school to their secondary school, they will know what is expected from them at all times in their educational journey and they will experience a progressive educational experience which builds on prior learning.
The RLP is at the heart of the community delivering an inclusive education to students of all ages. Our mission is to embrace challenge and to celebrate success in all that we do by striving for every learner to reach their full potential. The culture that we have in our schools means that they each retain their distinctiveness but learn and grow together and remain collectively responsible for providing all students with exciting and inspiring opportunities.
School improvement is the key to school effectiveness and is at the heart of the process of raising standards. It allows us to deliver an education for all children that is of the highest quality. The RLP is driven by its core purpose of improving outcomes and life chances for students and believes that an effective School Improvement Strategy is the key to unlocking the potential in its students, staff and leaders. An effective Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) uses a School Improvement Strategy to help ensure accountability, drive strategic thinking and deploy resources in order to improve outcomes for its students. We believe in schools having autonomy and this will be earned through achieving good outcomes for their learners and intervention by the Trust will be in inverse proportion to success and follows the principles and guidance set out in our Scheme of Delegation. The future is in collaboration through connected autonomy.
The RLP School Improvement Strategy is informed by both research and practice. It is subject to ongoing review and changes as necessary and is a continuous dialogue about the needs of the students and, therefore, the schools in its charge. The Trust is proud of the fact that the strategy is based around a responsive organisation that maintains a clear, strategic focus on teaching and learning. Only by a relentless focus on raising the quality of teaching and learning will outcomes for students improve.
Prospective and Existing Parents/Carers
Our vision, mission, rationale and research is predicated on delivering our very best for the young people in our schools. To do this the partnership with parents/carers is crucial and your input and support for our values and beliefs is essential. Parents/carers can support their children in the RLP by following individual schools home school agreements, promoting the work of the trust in the community and participating in RLP events.
School Improvement Strategy currently being updated
In the Trust we fully support and follow the British Values of:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs